Whether you’re looking for recreational fishing to relax or an amazing sport fishing trip for a trophy catch, Salty Gillz Charters gets you where you need to be.
Enjoy a sightseeing or sand bar day on the beautiful Florida waters.
Join us on a big-game tarpon fishing excursion with a knowledgable guide who knows the scene like his own backyard.
Duck Hunting on Tampa Bay and Clearwater, Florida
Join Salty Gillz for flat and bay fishing trips in the Tampa Bay area. Fish for redfish, trout, snook, tarpon, cobia, snapper, grouper, mackerel, pompano, and flounder! Browse our options below, and book your trip today.
- We strive to work hard for you here at Salty Gillz Charters to put you on the best bite possible, and because of that, we have a No Fish, No Pay policy. If you book a trip and not one fish is brought into the boat, then you will not have to pay for the charter. This does exclude the tarpon trips since they do not like to come boat side easily.
- There is nothing like watching the young ones reeling in the big one, so we also allow children under 10 to come aboard free of charge. Bring the kids!
- Gear is provided as needed. Please notify us when booking your trip if you will be bringing your own equipment.
- Visit our Directions page to view maps and directions to access boat ramps.
- Please remember to bring all of the following items along with anything else you may need: sunblock, food, water, hat, sunglasses (polarized), towel.
- Fishing gear (rods, reels, tackle, bait, and fishing licenses)
- Cooler with ice
- Your catch cleaned and bagged (fish kept within regulations)
- Fishing knowledge (info given on knot tying, what to look for while fishing the flats and bay)
- A great time making memories!
Captain Matthew Salgado, who charters out of Tampa, FL, is licensed and insured. He is a fourth generation angler in the Tampa Bay area. He grew up fishing here with family and knows the scene like it’s his own backyard. Although he enjoys many different styles of fishing, you can usually find him using a wide array of artificial bait in the backcountry and flats areas. Redfish, snook, and trout are his specialties. Captain Matt has competed in numerous redfish tournaments over the past eight years, both live bait and artificial series. He can be your guide to the fish if you’re new to the area. He can also be your teacher if you are new to fishing altogether.